Friday, August 19, 2011

Appreciation Should Never Go Unspoken

Yesterday was yet another important day of training for the Louisville Ironman. The morning started with sunrise speed work on the track. Running felt good and I was thankful for that. The day ended with a great appreciation for friends and family that came to support The TriSoldier Project. We ended up with more than enough money to cover an Ironman race entry for a TriSoldier...and some of us know how expensive those are!

I'm thankful that others had the opportunity to read about some awesome triathletes that have served our country and overcame injuries.
I'm thankful for the people who came to show support, even if they had a car accident on the way or were lost on the unfamiliar KY highways.
I'm thankful for the friends and family that brought and made food to share with others.
Oh, and I'm thankful that my mom is an awesome cook.
I'm thankful for The Fort Thomas Pub for letting me have the place and the happy hour specials.
I'm thankful for the local Fort Thomas businesses for donating items towards the cause.
I'm thankful for the strangers I met and for the stories they shared.
I'm thankful for the story Drill Sergeant J shared. He happened to be in the pub before the happy hour started. He read the TriSoldier stories and we talked about supporting the troops. "My soldiers and I were in a Starbucks working on our laptops because that's where we could get Internet access. From out of nowhere, a man comes up to each one of us, shakes our hands, tells us 'thank you for your service' and gives each one of us a $15 Starbucks gift card. That touched my heart and really meant a lot. People don't know how much their appreciation and support means to us. What you're doing here is great. Thank you."
I'm thankful for Mr Trout for starting TriSoldier Project.
I'm thankful for those who have served and are serving our country.

Appreciation can make a day, even change a life. Your willingness to put it into words and actions is all that is necessary.
- Margaret Cousins

Thank you:)

No comments:

Post a Comment