Saturday, June 18, 2011

On the Bike Trail

This past week my legs felt tight and slow. My PF is biting me more and more, even when I walk. I haven't put a complete halt on running yet; however I did give in and call Wellington Orthopedics. This means Tuesday I'll get to see the doctor and he'll most likely tell me to give the running a rest.

Today the plan was open water swim, run 30 min, bike 3 hour, run 30 min. I met some other tri-athletes at Ceasars Creek around 7:30am. The water felt good, the run felt good since it was mostly trail and the bike was just ok today. As I turned the corner to end the run a torrential rain came pouring down. Jumped in the car till it let off a little. Collaborated with some others with the consensus being to head back to Cincy area and try later or tomorrow. I knew a few others were out on the bike trail and even though there was lightening and more storms ahead according to the radar, I wanted to be out there with the others. The three hour bike was stuck in my head and it was going to happen. I waited about 30 min, the rain stopped, I jumped on my bike and went in search for swimmer boy and belayer playa. I never found them, because apparently I took the wrong turn on the bike trail.

So I biked solo out to Xenia, back to Corwin and around the olympic tri loop. And this is what happens when you spend too much time alone on the bike...a little bit of thinking, talking to yourself, smiling, laughing to yourself, pretending and singing. Some general actions that might cause others to wonder. When you're out in nature and the oxygen is flowing, the ideas in the mind start leaking out of the box too. Imagination, creativity, freedom. Making up songs and singing to oneself. It was rather pleasent lalala'ing in the tunnel of trees. I sang several variations of  'On the Bike Trail' to the tune of 'The Horse with No Name'. Some were better than others, but I only had the chance to get one on camera...so I guess I'll share. When the sprinkles started again, I came up with some other songs to the tune of 'Ain't No Sunshine When it Rains'. Those were pretty good too...actually better...but no documentation of those. I know...so disappointing.

3 comments:

  1. Craziness! Somebody trying out for American Idol and I didn't know it! Fun ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well-you certainly entertained the trees for the afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! How come you didn't sing louder for the other bikers....? You should've belted out to inspire & motivate them. Very scenic...

    ReplyDelete